Imagine that your status in Jannah is elevated each time you do one good deed!
This splendid reward is granted for the Quran Hafiz as the Prophet Peace Be upon Him told us. So, if you want to achieve such a rank and reap this great reward, here’s our guide on how to become a Hafiz in 10 simple steps!
How to become a Hafiz in 10 simple steps
Although this prestigious status might seem far-fetched, following these 10 simple steps can get you closer to being a Quran Hafiz:
1. Set a clear and strong intention to become a Hafiz
Many people desire to memorize the Quran, but they may be discouraged by their busy schedules or they might think they aren’t up to the task. However, the Quran itself says that it is made easy to remember, so we should make a strong intention to start our journey to become Hafiz. With dedication and effort, we can overcome any obstacles and achieve our goal.
2. Aim to achieve realistic goal to memorize the Quran
The best way to become a Hafiz is to set manageable and realistic goals. You can start with short-term goals like dedicating certain hours every week for memorization as well as revision. The most important thing is to keep them short, flexible, and achievable.
3. Choose the right time and place for learning the Quran
If you’re looking for an easy way to memorize quran and never forget it, choosing the right time and place comes at the top of the list.
You should memorize Quran at times when you feel that your mind is most active such as after Fajr or between Asr and Maghreb.
As for the place, you should memorize Quran in a place that doesn’t have any distractions such as your phone. You should aim for a place that is as quiet as possible like a study or a living room. You can even create a space that is dedicated to the memorization of Quran.
4. Learn the Arabic Language
Understanding the meaning of Quranic Arabic can make memorizing the Quran easier. The Quran contains approximately 77,000 words, of which 19,000 are unique. If we understand the meaning of the words or learn Arabic, our memorization and understanding of the Quran will be enhanced.
5. Know Tajweed Well
Tajweed is the science of reciting the Quran properly. It includes the rules for pronouncing the letters, their sounds, and their combinations. Knowing Tajweed rules is essential for anyone who wants to memorize the Quran, as it ensures that the Quran is recited correctly and with proper pronunciation in addition to helping you to understand the meaning of the Quran more deeply.
6. Start with the last juz’
One way to start memorizing the Quran is to focus on the last Juz, or Amma para. This part of the Quran is relatively easy to memorize because it contains short surahs. Learners can also try to memorize 2-3 surahs per day, along with their translations.
This will help to increase their speed of memorization and make it easier to revise the surahs later. Additionally, many of the surahs in the last Juz are recited in obligatory prayers, which means that learners will have regular opportunities to practice their memorization
7. One lesson or Sabaq every day
One way to become a Hafiz in 6 months is to memorize a new lesson every day, even if it is just a small part. This will keep you motivated and give you a sense of achievement. It is also important to explore the verses or parts that you have memorized. Learn about their history, revelation period, and othe interesting facts.
Make sure to also include a revision of the parts that you’ve already memorized so that you don’t forget them and lose the progress you achieved.
8. Seek a Quran tutor or Hifz academy
So can you become a Hafiz at home?
Surely! Private Hifz Quran Classes at Home represent a great option if you want to become a Quran Hafiz. On the other hand, becoming a Quran Hafiz with the help of an online Quran Hafiz tutor guarantees that your memorization process is more guided and disciplined.
It also grants you a better understanding of the Quran and gives you access to many features such as quizzes and regular feedback as well as obtaining an Ijazah.
Almuhammadi Academy is the online platform that can help you achieve your goal of becoming a Hafiz and getting Ijazah with high Sanad.
9. Keep your spirits up
One of the many things that can help you stay motivated on your journey to becoming a Hafiz is to maintain a keen interest in learning more. To do this, you can listen to Quranic Tafseer, translations, and stories. You can also try to associate the portions you have learned with your own life and be eager to learn the next portion.
10. Renew your Intention
One of the most important things you can do to stay motivated on your journey to becoming a Hafiz is to renew your intention regularly. This means reminding yourself of why you started learning the Quran in the first place and what you hope to achieve by becoming a Hafiz.
There are many ways to renew your intention:
- Read Quranic verses about the benefits of memorizing the Quran. Reading these verses can help you to remember why you started learning the Quran in the first place and to renew your commitment to become a Hafiz.
- Listen to lectures about Hafiz Quran benefits. There are many lectures available that discuss the benefits of becoming a Hafiz.
- Think about why you want to memorize the Quran in the first place. What is your motivation for learning the Quran? What do you hope to achieve by becoming a Hafiz? Renewing your intention is an important part of becoming a Hafiz. By regularly reminding yourself of why you started learning the Quran in the first place, you can stay motivated and persevere on your journey.
How long does it take to become a Hafiz?
The time it takes to become a Hafiz depends on a number of factors, including:
a- The learner’s memorization power and capabilities
b- The amount of time dedicated each day to memorize the Quran. The more time you can dedicate to memorization, the faster you will progress.
c- The frequency of revision. It is important to revise the Quran regularly to ensure that you do not forget what you have memorized.
d- The age of the learner: while learning is still possible in old age, memorizing Quran for young people is much easier and quicker because their minds are still unoccupied and they are not troubled by responsibilities.
e- The availability of resources. If you have access to a good teacher or a memorization program, you will be more likely to succeed.
A normal person with a busy lifestyle can take up to 3-5 years to become a Hafiz. However, it is also possible to become a Hafiz in 1 year or less if you have good memorization and lots of time to dedicate. It depends on person’s memorization capacity either they can memorize quran in 6 months or they memorize quran in a year.
If you have memorized other Surahs for reciting in obligatory prayers, you may require much less time.
This is because you will already be familiar with the structure of the Quran and the way it is recited. Ultimately, how long to become a Hafiz is up to the individual. With dedication and hard work, it is possible to achieve this goal in a relatively short period of time.
Is it hard to become a Hafiz?
Many people believe that becoming a Hafiz is a difficult and time-consuming task. However, this is not necessarily true. Anyone with a strong intention to memorize the Quran can begin the process even in their spare time. Even if you have a busy schedule, you can still find a small amount of time each day to dedicate to memorization. With regular practice and dedication, it is possible to become a Hafiz in a relatively short period of time.
The Quran has been memorized by many people around the world, so it is clear that it is possible to do. The most important thing is to have a firm belief in yourself and in the Almighty. If you have these two things, you will be well on your way to becoming a Hafiz.
Dua for Ease with Quran Memorization
Making sincere supplications can help you become a Hafiz. You can make Dua after your obligatory prayers. There is no specific Dua for memorizing Quran fast, but you can learn and recite Quranic and Masnoon Duas to help you achieve your goal.
Surah Taha: Verse 25th to 28th
)رَبِِّ اشْرَحْ لِى صَدْرِى * وَيَسِِّرْ لِىٓ أَمْرِى * وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِِّنْ لِِّسَانِى * يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِى(
“My Lord, expand for me my breast [with assurance]. And ease for me my task. And untie the knot from my tongue. That they may understand my speech.”
Another Dua for Hifz Quran:
The Dua of Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) “There is no God but You, glory be to You. O Allah, I seek your forgiveness of my sins, and ask for your mercy. O Allah, increase me in knowledge, and let not my heart deviate after You have guided me on the right path. Grant me mercy from You, for You are the Granter of bounties without measure.”
Hafiz Quran Benefits
There are numerous benefits to being Hafiz Quran, to name a few:
- Leading prayer or assume other leadership roles in general
- Being with the angels and receiving a crown and garment of honor in the Hereafter
- Receiving rewards for every letter recited or memorized
- Improving memory and learning skills
- Constantly purifying the heart
- The Quran acts as an intercessor for you on Judgment Day
Quran Memorization Regulations and Conservation Rules
There are no universally agreed-upon Quran memorization regulations, but there are some general guidelines as in:
1. Memorizing the Quran with Tajweed
Learning and practicing Tajweed is key to a proper and accurate recitation of Quran.
2. Memorizing the Quran with understanding
It is also important to understand the meaning of the Quran as you are memorizing it. This will help you to connect with the Quran on a deeper level and to appreciate its message.
3. Memorizing the Quran with a teacher
It is generally recommended to memorize the Quran with a teacher who can help you to correct your pronunciation and to answer any questions you may have.
4. Memorizing the Quran in a structured way
It is helpful to memorize the Quran in a structured way, such as by memorizing one juz’ per week or one Surah per month. This will help you to stay on track and to make progress.
5. Memorizing the Quran with a good intention
It is important to memorize the Quran with good intentions, such as to please Allah and to learn more about His message. This will help you to stay motivated and to persevere.
Ultimately, the best way to memorize the Quran is to find a method that works for you and to stick with it. With hard work and dedication, you can memorize the Quran and reap the many benefits that it has to offer.
Join Our Online Hifz Classes
With Almuhammadi Academy you can now become a Hafiz from the comfort of your home! We present the following features:
- We offer Quran memorization and Hifz courses for learners at any level, from beginners to advanced.
- Our highly qualified and native Arabic Quran tutors hold degrees from prestigious institutes such as Al-Azhar University.
- We also offer regular tests and quizzes to help you learn thoroughly and get polished
- Our efficient management team offers 24×7 customer support.
- Our weekly reports give you insights about your level and ways to overcome your recurring mistakes.
- We offer free trial classes so you can select your own Quran tutor.
Can I be a Hafiz only in 30 days?
It is theoretically possible to become a Hafiz in 30 days, but it is not advisable. Memorizing the Quran takes time, effort, and dedication. Trying to memorize the Quran in 30 days is likely to lead to burnout and frustration.
If you are committed to becoming a Hafiz, you can achieve your goal with hard work and dedication. However, it is important to be patient and realistic about your expectations. Memorizing the Quran is a lifelong journey, and it is something that you should enjoy.
There are many resources you can use memorize the Quran. You can find Quran memorization programs, online courses, and even apps that can help you track your progress. There are also many Quran memorization circles and groups that can provide you with support and motivation.
Here are some additional tips for becoming a Hafiz:
- Find a good teacher or enroll in online Quran memorization course. A good teacher can help you learn the proper Tajweed and memorization techniques and ease your learning journey.
- Be consistent with your memorization. The more you memorize, the easier it gets.
- Find a memorization partner or group. Having someone to support you and keep you motivated can be very helpful.
- Make it fun! Memorizing the Quran should be an enjoyable experience so try to include different activities and games.
How to become a Hafiz quickly?
There are a number of ways to speed up your process of Hifz. You can find an online Quran tutor or join an academy that has excellent online hifz classes. These programs can provide you with the structure and support you need to memorize the Quran quickly and efficiently.
What should I do if I forget some Surahs after I complete Hifz Quran?
It is not uncommon for a Hafiz to forget a few Surahs over time. This can happen for a number of reasons, such as not reviewing the Quran regularly or not practicing Tajweed.
If you forget a few Surahs, don’t panic! It is possible to regain your memorization with hard work and dedication. Here are a few tips:
- Start by reviewing the Surahs that you have forgotten. You can do this by listening to recordings of the Surahs, reading the Quran, or reciting the Surahs with a friend or teacher.
- Be patient and consistent with your review. It may take some time to regain your memorization, but it is definitely possible.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you are struggling to regain your memorization, there are many people who can help you, such as your teacher, a memorization partner, or a Hifz academy.
- Remember, becoming a Hafiz is a lifelong journey. It is something that you should enjoy and be proud of. If you forget a few Surahs, don’t let it discourage you. Just keep reviewing the Quran and practicing Tajweed, and you will eventually regain your memorization.