“And know that your properties and your children are but a trial and that Allah has with Him a great reward.” ( Al-Anfal 8: Verse 28)
Quran Memorization for kids is very important in this era. There are lots of distractions because of technology and social media. But we can use it in the right way. Almuhammadi Academy is an online platform that answers your question- How to memorize the Quran for kids?
Steps by Step Guide to Memorize Quran for Kids
- Teach them about the importance of the Quran in our lives.
- Make them have a strong intention to memorize the Quran.
- Start the Quran memorization for kids with the Amma (30th) Juz or Para as it has small Surahs
- Keep their Quran lessons right after the Fajr as this will not only help them in building a healthy lifestyle but the minds are also receptive in the morning.
- Keep all the distractions away. Dedicate a space in the house, especially for Quran memorization.
- Make sure that the kids revise their previous Sabaq. You can make the revision time in between the Asr and Maghrib prayer times.
- Encourage them to recite the learned Surah in their obligatory prayers.
- Dedicate a day in a week entirely for revision.
- Hire a Quran tutor or enroll in online quran memorization program.
Quran Memorization Techniques for Kids
Every child has a different style to adapt and learn. Many best Quran memorization techniques can help your child in better memorization along with identifying his/her way of learning.
- The first thing that should be taught to a child is to start the Quran memorization with “Bismillah.” This way they will learn to focus on any subject as soon as they say “Bismillah”
- Children tend to listen more when they are comfortable. Hence, you can make them have their favorite toy while memorizing. However, this is a natural selective technique. So if the child gets distracted by the toy, this technique should be avoided.
- Make them practice by repetition. Their initial sabaq should be small so that they gain confidence in themselves. Make them repeat their lessons at least three to five times with the tutor/parent, ten times while looking at it, and three times without seeing it. The number of times can be decreased or increased as per the child’s need.
- Use interactive ways such as videos and audio of the Surahs.
- In case of availability of the recording of their online Quran tutor, that can be played for them while revision.
- Make interactive gameplay or quizzes for the kids to memorize the Quran thoroughly while gaining its understanding.
- Undoubtedly, the best way of memorizing the Quran is to recite it again and again. Dedicating a Quran corner space can help kids in reciting the Quran.
Why is Memorizing Quran Important for kids?
1. Helps in Forming a Strong Base
Al Haafiz as Suyootee said,
“Teaching the children the Quran is a fundamental from the fundamentals of Islam. By it the child will grow up upon the fitrah, and the lights of wisdom will rush to their hearts before the desires are able to settle in them and darken them with the cloudiness of disobedience and misguidance.”
When we encourage a kid to memorize the Quran, we indirectly tell him the importance of the Quran. We instill that thought in his mind that the Quran is the most important book in the whole world. And it should not only be memorized but one has to act according to it too. Hence, we let him know about the right path from his first steps. That in turn helps him by being on the path of righteousness for the whole of his life.
2. Young Mind of kids has more grasping and learning capabilities
A young mind is a raw mind
A kid’s mind is adaptive to most of the things in their childhood. So memorizing the Quran can be done best in those years.
Rachel Carson, an American biologist says that: A child’s world is fresh and new and beautiful, full of wonder and excitement.
Hence, we should make kids memorize the Quran with lots of excitement and beauty. Teaching them all the details, Quranic stories, and Duas.
3. Helps kids in Building a Healthy Lifestyle
It is better to give them the Quran in hand to recite and memorize than cell phones that are loaded with games. Several scientific studies have shown that Quran memorization helps in stabilization of the mood disorders, reduces anxiety, promotes good sleep, fights depression, and develops focus. If we are encouraging kids to memorize the Quran we are making them mentally, spiritually, and emotionally strong.
4. Helps in Building a Great Society
Imagine kids playing on the streets and talking about the Quran verse that they learned lately. They might also help other kids learn the hard Quran verses. SubhanAllah! If we want to create such a society we must emphasize the Quran memorization for kids.
The Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) said, “The most superior among you (Muslims) are those who learn the Qur’an and teach it.”
5. Helps their parents attain a great status on the Day of Judgement
Mu’aadh al-Juhani narrates that the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) said: ‘Whosoever recites the Quran and practices upon its injunctions, the reciter’s parents will be given a crown on the day of Qiyaamat. The brightness of that crown will be more intense than the brightness of the sun in your actual house.’ The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) further said: ‘What do you think will be given to the Hafiz (reciter) of the Quran himself?’” (Mishkaat)
Indeed, our properties, wealth, and children are a test from Allah SWT. And do you know how we can pass the test? We can pass by using our properties for a good cause, earning halal money and giving it in the cause of Allah, and by instilling our kids with Islamic education. And that doesn’t end our duty there. But we must lay a strong foundation in their childhood so that they can become a better Muslim in their youth and old age. This way, we not only secure their future but also do justice with our responsibilities.
Hence, it will not only the memorizer that will be benefited but their parents too.
At what age should a kid memorize the Quran?
Memorization of the Quran is not just a simple learning. But, it is a kind of learning process that involves lots of understanding and inculcating the values learned through it. Hence, the learning process should start early, as soon as a kid gains the capabilities to memorize and understand the subjects. However, small memorization such as Surah Al-Ikhlas and Surah Fatiha, Ayat al Kursi can start as early as he/ she starts talking.
The age can vary mostly with the child’s capabilities solely. However, many studies show that 4 years can be the best age to memorize the Quran.
Still, muddling over how early you should start with the Quran memorization for your kid? Here’s a motivation– The youngest kid to memorize the Quran is an Algerian boy who memorized the whole at the age of 3 years! So do not delay the memorization process for your kids.
Role of Parents To Help Their Kids to Memorize Quran
1. Get kids acquainted with the Quran
One of the best ways to make kids interested in the Quran is through reciting the Quran more and more in front of them. Parents can make sure to discard lullabies and recite the Quran to calm them or during the night time when they sleep. A kid grasps the most through his/her hearing capabilities during the first 3 years. Hence, that period can be used to make them acquainted with the Quran and start the memorization process.
2. Parents should recite the Quran beautifully in front of the kids
Recite the Quran in a beautiful tone in front of your kids or keep them seated with you while you recite the Quran. This way, children develop an interest, learn, and realize the importance of the Quran.
3. Building a Quran corner or small cardboard mosque in the home
Kids tend to get attracted to colorful things and can spend hours engaging with them. Hence, parents can build a small Quran corner or replica of a Mosque in the house so that kids can spend more time in that happy zone and memorize the Quran with zeal.
4. Parents must listen to kids’ Sabaq and test them timely
Listening to your kids’ Quran recitation can be the best quality time that you can spend with them. Hence, allot a time in a day to know what they have learnt and what problems they are facing in the memorization process. Also, you can discuss any Surah and deeply explain its meaning.
Role of a Tutor to Make Their students Hafiz e Quran
Quran tutor play an important role in the Quran Memorization for the kids. A happy, cheerful, and friendly tutor can help in increasing the interest of the kids in the Quran Memorization. They will also feel free to ask their doubts, discuss the verses, and learn about them with more interest. It is very important to keep patience with kids and treat them with kindness and compassion.
Read the Quranic stories to kids
Reading Quranic stories can help to memorize the Quran for kids as it increases their interest, helps them in better connecting with every Surah, and to understand the Quran right from a young age.
Reward the kids for their Quran Memorization
Reward doesn’t mean expensive gifts. It can be verbal appreciation or a small chocolate or anything that keeps the motivation of the kids high towards the Quran Memorization.
Why are online Quran memorization classes beneficial for kids
There are lots of benefits of memorizing Quran in a young age. Here are some as follows.
Abu Hurairah reported that the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) said:
“If anyone pursues a path in search of knowledge, Allah will then by make easy for him a path to paradise; and he who is made slow by his actions will not be speeded by his genealogy.” ( Sunan Abi Dawud 3643)
1. Availability of the best online Quran tutors from across the globe
If you reside in a Western country or non-Islamic state, you may have fewer options for the Quran tutors physically. Also, nobody wants to compromise in learning the Quran as it is the most important thing in our lives. Hence, with the help of an online Academy, you can find the best Quran tutors online certified from eminent Universities such as Al-Azhar University. Their native Arabic speaking tutors also make it easy for children to focus on Tajweed in the right manner.
2. Comfort of home with flexible time
One of the most tedious tasks for parents is to physically send their child to seek knowledge. Hence, online Quran memorization classes for kids are the best option for them to memorize the Quran from the comfort of their homes and at flexible times.
3. One-on-one sessions
The one-on-one sessions for kids are the biggest perk of the online Quran classes for kids. The Quran tutor online focuses on the kid and that helps in efficient memorization for the child. He/she can acquire his own pace with the Quran tutor online and also develop a comfort level with their teachers.
4. Learning in Groups
These types of classes are best for kids who grasp by seeing others. A child may feel alone or be less engaged in one-on-one sessions. And he/she may feel more motivated when there are other kids virtually present. This can speed up their Quran Memorization.
5. Learning from the native teachers right from the start step
Online classes help kids in knowing the right pronunciation, articulation, and intonation of every word. They can reside in any part of the world but through online classes, they can memorize the Quran in the right Arabic.
Q1: How long will it take for my 6-year kid to memorize the Quran?
The time taken to memorize the Quran by kids depends on their capacity to memorize and the time dedicated to it. Normally, it can take 3 years but this is not set for everyone as it varies from child to child.
Q2: Is it very difficult for kids to memorize the Quran fast?
And We have certainly made the Qur’an easy for remembrance, so is there any who will remember?” ( Al-Qamar 54: Verse 17)
We should always remember this verse whenever we feel it is a difficult task. A strong intention to please Allah and to receive guidance from the Book of Allah will make it easy for the kid to reach the goal.
Q3: How can we speed up the Quran memorization of our child?
The memorization of the Quran depends on the child’s caliber. However, with correct guidance, schedule, and discipline, a child can learn more efficiently and fast.
Q4: How can we find a Quran tutor online for our children?
You can enroll in an academy that has native Arabic speaking certified Quran tutors. They have different plans based on the capabilities of the child. Also, many academies offer self-selection of teachers after demonstration.
Almuhammadi Academy is an online teaching platform with the best and native Arabic Quran tutors online. There are various courses such as Quran Memorization classes for kids, Noorani Qaida, and Quran recitation and Memorization for beginners that can help you achieve your goal in the best possible way.