Do you learn Quran, become skillful in it, and wish to obtain a document that proves your skill? “Ijazah” is the top Quran learning certificate you can get to attest that you have reached the Itqan level in certain Quranic knowledge.
Actually, Ijaza is much more than just a certificate for those who learn Quran and teach it. So the most logical question that you should be asking now is What Is Ijazah exactly?
Linguistically, “Ijazah” or “Ijaza” is an Arabic word (إِجازَة) means “permission”, “authorization”, or “consent”. Technically, Ijazah is a certification and authorization system used primarily by Sunni Muslims to provide an authenticated way to transmit Islamic & Quranic knowledge across ages and generations.
Accordingly, Ijazah certificate is a license authorizing its holder to transmit a certain Islamic or Quranic knowledge, which is issued by someone already possessing such authority.
What is Quran Ijazah?
Quran Ijazah refers to the Quran certificate or license that authorizes its holder to narrate and transmit certain Quranic knowledge such as recitation with intonation or memorization. And It can only be awarded by someone who already holds the same authority.
Accordingly, if you want to obtain Quran Ijaza and transmit/teach Quran to others, you need to get it from an Ijazah certified teacher or Sheikh.
Different Types of Ijazah
Basically, there are 2 main types of Ijaza:
- Ijazah in Quran Recitation with Tajweed/Intonation
- Ijazah in Quran Memorization/Hifz
1. Quran Recitation Ijazah
This type of Ijazah is granted to Quran students who can read the whole Quran with Tajweed perfectly without any mistake in front of an Ijazah certified Sheikh or Quran Teacher.
Accordingly, in order to get Ijazah in Quran reading with intonation, you firstly need to learn Quran with Tajweed and excel in it.
2. Quran Memorization Ijazah
This type of Ijazah is granted to Quran students who memorize the Quran perfectly and can recite the whole Quran form memory (without reading from the holy Quran book) without any mistake in front of an Ijazah certified Sheikh or Quran Teacher.
Importance of Quran Ijazah
There are many reasons why Quran Ijaza is very important in Islam, such as:
- It’s one of the key factors that preserved the transmission of Quranic and Islamic knowledge from an alteration and manipulation across the ages.
- Maintain high-quality Quran education due to strict requirements for obtaining Ijaza.
- Acts as a competitive advantage in front of potential Quran students.
- If you want to obtain Ijaazah in order to teach Quran to others, then you’ll be in a higher status than anyone else. As the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: “the best among you who learn the Quran and teach it.”
- Ijaza certificate gives the confidence to recite Quran with Tajweed by looking from the Mushaf or from memory (according to the type of Ijazah).
- Obtaining Quran Ijazah means that you are now a part of the endless chain of narrator back to the original author, the prophet Muhammad (PBUH). This is a great honor and responsibility in Islam.
- It helps you to follow up on the Quran lessons provided to your children and teach Quran to your family members.
How to Get Ijaza Online
When a student attains the Itqan (perfection) level in reciting the Quran applying the Tajweed rules, he/she will undertake a series of tests that verifies his/her knowledge.
Once the student passes all tests successfully, Quran recitation with Tajweed Ijazah will be granted accordingly by his/her verified Sheikh.
Almost the same rule applies to Quran memorization Ijazah with one difference which is that students will be tested for his/her skills in memorizing the whole Quran with Tajweed.
Online Ijazah Program at Almuhammadi Academy
Quran Ijaza course will help you to get qualified for obtaining Ijazah online in Quran Recitation with Tajweed or Quran Memorization (Hifz) through one-to-one online sessions with certified Quran Sheikhs.
At the end of our online Ijazah program after passing tests & evaluations successfully, you will get the corresponding Ijazah certificate.
During the course, our certified teachers will walk with you step-by-step until you become ready to teach the words of Allah (SWT) to others.